Video-closed.com search hijacker is a type of virus that infuses into your WIndows, and afterwards alters the browser search engine configurations in your browser to one which it desires. It also makes some unpleasant changes that might provoke private information leakages, as well as to other malware injection. In this post, you will read the guide of Video-closed.com hijacker clearing in a couple of strategies, and additionally the method of making your browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Video-closed.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Video-closed.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Video-closed.com search hijackers are numerous. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing via the malvertising or malicious links of various internet sites. Sometimes, your system can be infected with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is used to spread numerous other malware. There is a solitary form of this unwanted program – browser plugin that might build right into any web browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely install this plugin on your own, since their names are pretty dubious, and also the capability is extremely questionable. The “creators” of Video-closed.com hijacker normally mention that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the entire web site on your disk. It is quite tough to picture if somebody may be needed in such features in 2022, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every PC has the ability to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they can easily be found in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus analysts sound the alarm about such spam right into the official source of web browser extensions, demanding the Google response – eliminating these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to repair that protection issue.
Is the Video-closed.com virus?
At the first blush, you may believe that these redirects are only frustrating, but not dangerous. As a result of this reason a number of users are just playing for time rather than getting rid of this malware, getting more and more chances of being contaminated with different other viruses, which are far more severe than Video-closed.com is.
Besides the altered search engine or search engine result, you may also see different ads even on those internet sites that do not have any kind of advertisements on it by default. And you can easily misclick while closing the advertisement, and start the downloading of an unknown file, which may be a malware, or a potentially unwanted application, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is corrupted because of the Azorult trojan activity, the system may begin malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is among the most usual in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Video-closed.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Video-closed.com malware injection. It is very easy to refer to the methods of securing your system from such annoying items as browser hijackers, however, it is very easy to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a professional user. As it was mentioned above, this malware may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you can get in dozens of methods. However, no matter the typical difficulty of the penetration methods, it is extremely easy to prevent the Video-closed.com hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Video-closed.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this manual tutorial always prepared to use.
- Carry out a back-up of every one of your data, including the saved logins, passwords as well as various other qualifications. You must back up your details with a cloud back-up solution and also ensure your files are safeguarded from any kind of type of loss, also from one of the most extreme infections.
- Wait till the long-lasting backup process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Video-closed.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in few simple stages that ought to have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Video-closed.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Video-closed.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Video-closed.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Video-closed.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.