Torrent-protection.com search hijacker is a type of malware that injects into your WIndows, and afterwards switches the search engine configurations in your browser to one which it wants. It additionally makes different unpleasant modifications that may lead to personal information leaks, as well as to other malware injection. In this post, you will see the guideline of Torrent-protection.com hijacker elimination in a couple of methods, and additionally the solution of making your web browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Torrent-protection.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Torrent-protection.com hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Torrent-protection.com search hijackers are numerous. Many of them belong to the malware spreading with the malvertising or evil-minded web links of different web sites. Sometimes, your computer might be infected with this virus with the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to distribute various other malware. There is a single form of this unwanted program – browser plugin that may build right into any type of internet browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, since their names are really suspicious, and also the functionality is very debatable. The “creators” of Torrent-protection.com hijacker generally specify that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to download the whole website on your disk. It is pretty difficult to imagine if someone may be needed in such features in 2022, when the Internet access is not time-limited and every system has the ability to open the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they may effortlessly be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam right into the legitimate source of browser extensions, asking for the Google response – eliminating these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to take care of that safety problem.
Is the Torrent-protection.com virus?
At the first sight, you may think that these redirects are just aggravating, but not hazardous. Because of this reason a number of people are just playing for time rather than getting rid of this malware, obtaining increasingly more possibilities of being contaminated with various other infections, which are far more major than Torrent-protection.com is.
Besides the modified search engine or search engine result, you can additionally see various promotions even on those sites that do not have any advertisements on it by default. And you may easily misclick while shutting off the promotion, and begin the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a malware, or a potentially unwanted application, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is corrupted as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system may begin malfunctioning in a short time – this symptome is just one of the most typical in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Torrent-protection.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Torrent-protection.com malware infiltration. It is really easy to discuss the options of protecting your system from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, however, it is extremely simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a skilled user. As it was discussed above, this unwanted program may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you may get in dozens of means. However, no matter the usual complexity of the injection approaches, it is really easy to avoid the Torrent-protection.com hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Torrent-protection.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this manual tutorial always ready to utilize.
- Execute a backup of every one of your information, consisting of the saved logins, passwords and other credentials. You need to support your info with a cloud back-up service and make certain your documents are shielded from any type of kind of loss, also from the most extreme infections.
- Wait until the durable backup procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Torrent-protection.com and related software from Windows
Here is a method in couple of very easy stages that must have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 11/10 or 7, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually. To do that:
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Torrent-protection.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Torrent-protection.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Torrent-protection.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Torrent-protection.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.