Thenicejournal.com search hijacker is a type of virus that squeezes into your PC, and afterwards alters the browser search engine settings in your web browser to one which it is paid for. It also makes different unpleasant modifications that may trigger private information leakages, in addition to various other malware injection. In this post, you will see the guide of Thenicejournal.com hijacker removal in a couple of options, as well as also the method of making your web browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Thenicejournal.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Thenicejournal.com hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Thenicejournal.com search hijackers are assorted. Many of them belong to the malware spreading through the malvertising or malevolent web links of different web sites. Frequently, your computer may be infected with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to distribute numerous other malware. There is a single form of this unwanted program – browser plugin that may build into any kind of web browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely install this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are very dubious, and the usefulness is extremely controversial. The “creators” of Thenicejournal.com hijacker usually mention that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to save the whole website on your disk. It is quite tough to imagine if somebody may be needed in such operations in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited and every system is able to open the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
However, besides their impracticality, they may simply be found in the Chrome Web Store. Naturally, virus analysts sound the alarm regarding such spam into the official source of browser extensions, calling for the Google response – getting rid of these extensions from their site. However, they are still not hurrying to take care of that security problem.
Is the Thenicejournal.com virus?
At the first blush, you may think that these redirects are only aggravating, but not hazardous. Due to this reason a lot of users are simply playing for time as opposed to getting rid of this malware, getting increasingly more chances of being contaminated with various other viruses, which are much more severe than Thenicejournal.com is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search results, you can also see various ads even on those websites that do not have any promotions on it by default. And you can just misclick while closing the promotion, and launch the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a virus, or a potentially unwanted application, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is damaged due to the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning in a short time – this symptome is just one of the most common in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Thenicejournal.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Thenicejournal.com malware penetration. It is really easy to speak about the tactics of securing your computer from such annoying items as browser hijackers, however, it is really simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a qualified user. As it was pointed out above, this malware can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of ways. However, no matter the common intricacy of the penetration techniques, it is very easy to avoid the Thenicejournal.com hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Thenicejournal.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make certain you have this hand-operated tutorial constantly ready to utilize.
- Perform a back-up of all of your data, consisting of the stored logins, passwords as well as other credentials. You need to back up your info with a cloud backup solution and also ensure your data are secured from any kind of loss, also from one of the most severe infections.
- Wait up until the lasting back-up procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Thenicejournal.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a method in few very easy stages that ought to be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Thenicejournal.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Thenicejournal.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Thenicejournal.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Thenicejournal.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment