Somid.live search hijacker is a sort of malware that infuses into your personal computer, and after that alters the search engine configurations in your web browser to one which it is paid for. It also makes some unpleasant modifications that can provoke private information leaks, as well as to other malware delivery. In this post, you will read the guide of Somid.live hijacker clearing in a couple of methods, and also the procedure of making your browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Somid.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Somid.live hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Somid.live search hijackers are numerous. Most of them come from the malware dispersing via the malvertising or evil-minded links of various internet sites. In some cases, your PC might be contaminated with this virus with the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to spread numerous other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – browser plugin that can build right into any kind of web browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, because their names are highly suspicious, and also the capability is extremely questionable. The “developers” of Somid.live hijacker normally state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to save the whole website on your disk. It is extremely difficult to picture if somebody can be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every computer is able to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their impracticality, they can simply be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus experts sound the alarm regarding such spam into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, demanding the Google response – removing these extensions from their place. But they are still not hurrying to fix that protection issue.
Is the Somid.live virus?
At the first blush, you may think that these redirects are just bothersome, but not risky. Due to this factor a great deal of users are just playing for time instead of getting rid of this malware, obtaining more and more possibilities of being contaminated with numerous other malware, which are much more severe than Somid.live is.
Besides the changed search engine or search results, you may likewise see different ads even on those sites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you may easily misclick while closing the promotion, and begin the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a virus, or a potentially unwanted application, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted because of the Azorult trojan task, the system can begin malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is one of the most typical in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Somid.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Somid.live malware injection. It is really simple to discuss the methods of protecting your personal computer from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, but it is quite simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a qualified user. As it was discussed above, this unwanted program may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of manners. However, despite the common complexity of the penetration methods, it is extremely easy to stay clear of the Somid.live hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Somid.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this hands-on tutorial constantly prepared to utilize.
- Do a back-up of all of your information, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and other credentials. You ought to support your information with a cloud backup option and also ensure your documents are secured from any kind of loss, also from the most extreme infections.
- Wait till the lasting back-up procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Somid.live and related software from Windows
Here is a technique in couple of very easy steps that must have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Somid.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Somid.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Somid.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Somid.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment