Softlifeinfo.com search hijacker is a type of virus that injects into your computer, and afterwards changes the search engine settings in your internet browser to one which it wants. It also makes different unpleasant modifications that might trigger personal information leaks, in addition to various other malware delivery. In this article, you will read the guideline of Softlifeinfo.com hijacker clearing in a couple of methods, as well as additionally the method of making your web browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Softlifeinfo.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Softlifeinfo.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Softlifeinfo.com search hijackers are assorted. The majority of them come from the malware spreading through the malvertising or evil-minded web links of different internet sites. In some cases, your computer can be infected with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is used to spread numerous other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – browser plugin that may build right into any kind of web browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely setup this plugin on your own, because their names are really dubious, and the functionality is really debatable. The “creators” of Softlifeinfo.com hijacker generally state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the whole web site on your disk. It is very difficult to imagine if someone can be needed in such features in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every system is able to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
However, besides their uselessness, they can easily be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Naturally, virus experts sound the alarm about such spam right into the legitimate source of browser extensions, asking for the Google reaction – removing these extensions from their site. However, they are still not hurrying to repair that security issue.
Is the Softlifeinfo.com virus?
At the first sight, you may think that these redirects are only aggravating, but not dangerous. Due to this factor a lot of users are just playing for time instead of getting rid of this malware, obtaining more and more chances of being contaminated with different other malware, which are much more major than Softlifeinfo.com is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search results, you may likewise see different ads even on those internet sites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you can unintentionally misclick while shutting off the advertisement, and start the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which may be a malware, or a potentially undesirable program, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is damaged as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is among the most common in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Softlifeinfo.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Softlifeinfo.com virus injection. It is very simple to discuss the techniques of securing your computer from such annoying things as browser hijackers, however, it is extremely simple to be caught on this bait even being a skilled user. As it was pointed out above, this virus may hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of means. However, no matter the usual difficulty of the injection techniques, it is really easy to prevent the Softlifeinfo.com hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Softlifeinfo.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this hand-operated tutorial always prepared to use.
- Carry out a back-up of all of your data, consisting of the saved logins, passwords and also other credentials. You must support your details with a cloud backup solution and make sure your files are safeguarded from any type of sort of loss, even from one of the most serious infections.
- Wait till the durable back-up process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Softlifeinfo.com and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy stages that ought to be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Softlifeinfo.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Softlifeinfo.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Softlifeinfo.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Softlifeinfo.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment