Silid.live search hijacker is a type of malware that infuses into your computer, and afterwards alters the browser search engine configurations in your web browser to one which it desires. It likewise makes some unwanted modifications that might result in private information leaks, as well as to other malware injection. In this post, you will see the tutorial of Silid.live hijacker removal in several techniques, as well as additionally the solution of making your browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Silid.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Silid.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Silid.live search hijackers are numerous. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing via the malvertising or malevolent links of different web sites. Occasionally, your PC can be infected with this virus with the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to disperse various other malware. There is a single kind of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that may build right into any type of web browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely add this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are highly dubious, and the capability is extremely debatable. The “creators” of Silid.live hijacker generally mention that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the sites already to .pdf format, or to download the whole site on your disk. It is very hard to picture if someone may be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every computer is able to open the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their uselessness, they may simply be located in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus analysts sound the alarm regarding such spam right into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, asking for the Google reaction – removing these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to deal with that security issue.
Is the Silid.live virus?
At the first blush, you can think that these redirects are just irritating, but not hazardous. Due to this reason a lot of users are just playing for time instead of removing this malware, getting increasingly more possibilities of being infected with different other infections, which are far more major than Silid.live is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search results, you can also see different promotions even on those internet sites that do not have any kind of advertisements on it by default. And you may unintentionally misclick while shutting off the ad, and start the downloading of an unidentified file, which may be a virus, or a potentially unwanted application, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted because of the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Silid.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Silid.live malware injection. It is really simple to refer to the techniques of protecting your computer from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, however, it is very easy to be caught on this bait even being an experienced user. As it was stated above, this malware may hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of means. However, regardless of the typical intricacy of the infiltration techniques, it is extremely easy to stay away from the Silid.live hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Silid.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this hand-operated tutorial constantly prepared to use.
- Perform a back-up of every one of your data, including the kept logins, passwords and other credentials. You should back up your information with a cloud backup solution and make certain your files are secured from any kind of loss, even from one of the most extreme infections.
- Wait till the lasting backup procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Silid.live and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few simple steps that ought to be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Silid.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Silid.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Silid.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Silid.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment