Rockdriller.top search hijacker is a kind of virus that squeezes into your personal computer, and afterwards switches the search engine configurations in your browser to one which it is paid for. It likewise makes some unpleasant modifications that may provoke private data leakages, in addition to various other malware delivery. In this article, you will see the guideline of Rockdriller.top hijacker clearing in several strategies, as well as also the procedure of making your browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Rockdriller.top hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Rockdriller.top hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Rockdriller.top search hijackers are assorted. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing with the malvertising or evil-minded web links of various web sites. Sometimes, your personal computer might be contaminated with this malware via the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to disperse various other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – browser plugin that may build right into any kind of browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely mount this plugin on your own, due to the fact that their names are pretty suspicious, and also the capability is very controversial. The “creators” of Rockdriller.top hijacker usually state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the entire web site on your disk. It is pretty difficult to imagine if someone can be needed in such operations in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every PC is able to open the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their impracticality, they may effortlessly be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus analysts sound the alarm regarding such spam right into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, requiring the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to repair that safety problem.
Is the Rockdriller.top virus?
At the first sight, you can assume that these redirects are just irritating, but not harmful. Due to this factor a great deal of people are simply playing for time rather than eliminating this malware, getting more and more possibilities of being contaminated with numerous other infections, which are a lot more serious than Rockdriller.top is.
Besides the modified search engine or search engine result, you can additionally see different promotions even on those websites that do not have any type of advertisements on it by default. And you can just misclick while closing the promotion, and initiate the downloading of an unrecognized file, which can be a malware, or a potentially undesirable application, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted because of the Azorult trojan task, the system may begin malfunctioning soon – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Rockdriller.top?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Rockdriller.top malware infiltration. It is extremely simple to refer to the methods of protecting your computer from such irritating items as browser hijackers, however, it is really easy to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a professional user. As it was mentioned above, this malware can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you can get in dozens of ways. However, no matter the typical difficulty of the penetration approaches, it is very simple to prevent the Rockdriller.top hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Rockdriller.top.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this hands-on tutorial always all set to utilize.
- Carry out a backup of all of your information, consisting of the kept logins, passwords and various other qualifications. You must support your info with a cloud backup solution and see to it your documents are protected from any type of type of loss, even from the most severe infections.
- Wait until the durable backup process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Rockdriller.top and related software from Windows
Right here is a method in couple of easy stages that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Rockdriller.top from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Rockdriller.top on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Rockdriller.top. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Rockdriller.top with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment