Read-the-article.com search hijacker is a type of malware that infuses into your system, and afterwards changes the browser search engine configurations in your browser to one which it desires. It likewise makes different undesirable changes that can lead to personal information leakages, in addition to other malware injection. In this post, you will read the tutorial of Read-the-article.com hijacker clearing in various strategies, and also the technique of making your web browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Read-the-article.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Read-the-article.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Read-the-article.com search hijackers are numerous. The majority of them belong to the malware dispersing with the malvertising or malevolent web links of different web sites. In some cases, your computer can be infected with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to distribute numerous other malware. There is a solitary kind of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that might build right into any internet browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely install this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are really uncertain, and the functionality is very debatable. The “developers” of Read-the-article.com hijacker typically mention that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the sites already to .pdf format, or to download the whole website on your disk. It is very difficult to picture if someone can be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every computer has the ability to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they can effortlessly be found in the Chrome Web Store. Naturally, virus experts sound the alarm about such spam into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, requiring the Google response – removing these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to deal with that protection problem.
Is the Read-the-article.com virus?
At the first blush, you may believe that these redirects are just aggravating, but not dangerous. Because of this factor a number of people are just playing for time rather than removing this malware, obtaining much more chances of being contaminated with various other malware, which are far more serious than Read-the-article.com is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search engine result, you can likewise see various ads even on those sites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you may just misclick while shutting off the promotion, and launch the downloading of an unrecognized file, which may be a virus, or a potentially unwanted program, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is damaged as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning in the near future – this symptome is among the most common in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Read-the-article.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Read-the-article.com virus infiltration. It is very simple to speak about the options of shielding your computer from such annoying items as browser hijackers, but it is extremely simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a professional user. As it was discussed above, this malware may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of manners. However, regardless of the common intricacy of the penetration methods, it is really simple to avoid the Read-the-article.com hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Read-the-article.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this hands-on tutorial always all set to make use of.
- Carry out a backup of all of your information, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and various other qualifications. You should support your information with a cloud backup option and make certain your files are shielded from any sort of loss, also from one of the most serious infections.
- Wait up until the long-lasting backup process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Read-the-article.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a method in few simple steps that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Read-the-article.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Read-the-article.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Read-the-article.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Read-the-article.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment