Prime-scanner.com search hijacker is a kind of malware that injects into your system, and then switches the search engine configurations in your browser to one which it is paid for. It also makes different undesirable changes that may trigger personal information leakages, in addition to other malware delivery. In this article, you will see the tutorial of Prime-scanner.com hijacker clearing in several options, as well as also the method of making your browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Prime-scanner.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Prime-scanner.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Prime-scanner.com search hijackers are assorted. The majority of them belong to the malware dispersing through the malvertising or evil-minded links of various internet sites. Occasionally, your computer may be contaminated with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is used to spread various other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – browser plugin that might build right into any web browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, because their names are quite suspicious, and also the functionality is very questionable. The “creators” of Prime-scanner.com hijacker usually specify that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the sites already to .pdf format, or to download the whole site on your disk. It is quite difficult to imagine if somebody can be needed in such functions in 2022, when the Web access is not time-limited as well as every system has the ability to open the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their impracticality, they can simply be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Certainly, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam right into the legit source of browser extensions, demanding the Google response – removing these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to deal with that security problem.
Is the Prime-scanner.com virus?
At the first sight, you may assume that these redirects are just aggravating, but not risky. Due to this reason a great deal of users are simply playing for time as opposed to removing this malware, obtaining much more chances of being contaminated with numerous other viruses, which are far more major than Prime-scanner.com is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search engine result, you can additionally see different ads even on those websites that do not have any type of advertisements on it by default. And you may unintentionally misclick while shutting off the promotion, and start the downloading of an unknown file, which can be a virus, or a potentially undesirable program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan activity, the system may begin malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is just one of the most usual in case of trojan injection.
How to remove Prime-scanner.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Prime-scanner.com virus penetration. It is really easy to speak about the techniques of protecting your system from such irritating items as browser hijackers, however, it is quite easy to be caught on this lure even being an experienced user. As it was mentioned above, this malware can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of ways. However, regardless of the common intricacy of the injection approaches, it is really simple to stay away from the Prime-scanner.com hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Prime-scanner.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this hand-operated tutorial constantly all set to utilize.
- Execute a backup of every one of your data, including the kept logins, passwords as well as various other qualifications. You must back up your information with a cloud backup service and ensure your data are protected from any type of type of loss, even from one of the most serious infections.
- Wait till the long-lasting back-up procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Prime-scanner.com and related software from Windows
Here is a technique in couple of easy steps that should be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Prime-scanner.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Prime-scanner.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Prime-scanner.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Prime-scanner.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.