Pomis.live search hijacker is a kind of malware that squeezes into your computer, and then changes the search engine settings in your browser to one which it wants. It also makes different undesirable changes that might result in private data leaks, in addition to various other malware injection. In this post, you will see the manual of Pomis.live hijacker elimination in various strategies, and additionally the solution of making your web browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Pomis.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Pomis.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Pomis.live search hijackers are diverse. Many of them belong to the malware dispersing with the malvertising or malicious links of various web sites. In some cases, your computer may be infected with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to distribute various other malware. There is a solitary form of this unwanted program – browser plugin that can build right into any type of browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely setup this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are really dubious, and the functionality is extremely controversial. The “developers” of Pomis.live hijacker usually specify that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to save the entire website on your disk. It is really tough to imagine if somebody can be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every computer has the ability to open the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their uselessness, they may simply be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the legit source of browser extensions, requiring the Google response – removing these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to repair that protection problem.
Is the Pomis.live virus?
At the first blush, you may believe that these redirects are just bothersome, but not risky. Due to this factor a number of people are just playing for time as opposed to eliminating this malware, getting increasingly more chances of being contaminated with different other malware, which are much more major than Pomis.live is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search engine result, you may likewise see different advertisements even on those websites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you can unintentionally misclick while shutting off the advertisement, and launch the downloading of an unknown file, which may be a virus, or a potentially undesirable program, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted because of the Azorult trojan activity, the system can begin malfunctioning in the near future – this symptome is among the most usual in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Pomis.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Pomis.live malware infiltration. It is really easy to speak about the options of shielding your PC from such frustrating items as browser hijackers, but it is extremely simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a professional user. As it was pointed out above, this virus may hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of means. But regardless of the usual complexity of the infiltration methods, it is very easy to stay away from the Pomis.live hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Pomis.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this manual tutorial constantly all set to utilize.
- Carry out a backup of every one of your data, including the stored logins, passwords as well as various other qualifications. You must back up your information with a cloud back-up option and see to it your files are safeguarded from any kind of kind of loss, also from the most severe infections.
- Wait till the long-lasting backup procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Pomis.live and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in couple of simple steps that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Pomis.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Pomis.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Pomis.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Pomis.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment