Mecor.live search hijacker is a sort of virus that injects into your system, and afterwards modifies the search engine configurations in your web browser to one which it is paid for. It also makes some unpleasant modifications that might result in private information leaks, in addition to various other malware delivery. In this post, you will read the tutorial of Mecor.live hijacker removal in various methods, and additionally the method of making your web browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Mecor.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Mecor.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Mecor.live search hijackers are numerous. The majority of them come from the malware spreading through the malvertising or evil-minded links of different websites. Sometimes, your personal computer may be contaminated with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to disperse numerous other malware. There is a single kind of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that may build right into any type of browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely setup this plugin on your own, due to the fact that their names are very dubious, and also the usefulness is extremely questionable. The “creators” of Mecor.live hijacker generally mention that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to download the whole web site on your disk. It is quite difficult to picture if somebody may be needed in such operations in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every PC has the ability to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their uselessness, they can simply be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus analysts sound the alarm relating to such spam into the legit source of browser extensions, asking for the Google response – removing these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to take care of that protection issue.
Is the Mecor.live virus?
At the first sight, you can assume that these redirects are just bothersome, but not harmful. As a result of this factor a number of people are simply playing for time as opposed to getting rid of this malware, obtaining increasingly more possibilities of being infected with different other malware, which are much more severe than Mecor.live is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search engine result, you can likewise see various promotions even on those internet sites that do not have any kind of advertisements on it by default. And you may unintentionally misclick while turning off the ad, and initiate the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a virus, or a potentially undesirable application, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is damaged due to the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Mecor.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Mecor.live virus penetration. It is really simple to speak about the techniques of protecting your computer from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, however, it is quite simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a professional user. As it was mentioned above, this malware may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of means. However, no matter the common difficulty of the injection methods, it is really simple to stay away from the Mecor.live hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Mecor.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this hands-on tutorial constantly ready to use.
- Execute a back-up of every one of your data, consisting of the saved logins, passwords and also various other credentials. You ought to support your details with a cloud backup solution and make sure your files are secured from any sort of loss, even from the most extreme infections.
- Wait till the lasting back-up process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Mecor.live and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in few easy steps that should have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Mecor.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Mecor.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Mecor.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Mecor.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment