Kezex.live search hijacker is a sort of malware that infuses into your computer, and then alters the browser search engine configurations in your internet browser to one which it wants. It likewise makes different unwanted modifications that might lead to private data leaks, in addition to other malware injection. In this article, you will read the guideline of Kezex.live hijacker elimination in various strategies, and also the solution of making your browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Kezex.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Kezex.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Kezex.live search hijackers are different. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing through the malvertising or malicious web links of various web sites. Frequently, your system can be contaminated with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to spread different other malware. There is a single kind of this unwanted program – browser plugin that might build right into any kind of web browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely mount this plugin on your own, because their names are really suspicious, and also the functionality is really debatable. The “creators” of Kezex.live hijacker normally state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the websites already to .pdf format, or to download the whole site on your disk. It is very tough to imagine if somebody may be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited and every system is able to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their uselessness, they may easily be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus analysts sound the alarm regarding such spam right into the legit source of browser extensions, requiring the Google reaction – getting rid of these extensions from their site. However, they are still not hurrying to take care of that safety issue.
Is the Kezex.live virus?
At the first blush, you may think that these redirects are just irritating, but not harmful. Because of this factor a great deal of users are simply playing for time as opposed to removing this malware, obtaining increasingly more possibilities of being contaminated with various other viruses, which are much more major than Kezex.live is.
Besides the changed search engine or search engine result, you can also see different ads even on those sites that do not have any ads on it by default. And you can just misclick while shutting off the promotion, and begin the downloading of an unrecognized file, which may be a virus, or a potentially undesirable application, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker desire.
If your web browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan task, the system may begin malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Kezex.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Kezex.live virus infiltration. It is really easy to speak about the methods of shielding your system from such irritating items as browser hijackers, however, it is really easy to be caught on this bait even being a professional user. As it was specified above, this malware can hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of ways. But regardless of the usual complexity of the infiltration methods, it is really simple to stay away from the Kezex.live hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Kezex.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this hands-on tutorial constantly all set to use.
- Perform a back-up of every one of your information, consisting of the saved logins, passwords and other credentials. You should back up your information with a cloud backup service and also make sure your data are safeguarded from any kind of type of loss, also from the most severe infections.
- Wait up until the lasting back-up process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Kezex.live and related software from Windows
Here is a method in couple of easy steps that should be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Kezex.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Kezex.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Kezex.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Kezex.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment