Ketlex.live search hijacker is a type of malware that injects into your personal computer, and afterwards modifies the search engine settings in your web browser to one which it wants. It additionally makes different unpleasant modifications that might result in private information leakages, as well as to various other malware penetration. In this post, you will read the manual of Ketlex.live hijacker elimination in several options, and additionally the technique of making your web browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Ketlex.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Ketlex.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Ketlex.live search hijackers are different. Most of them come from the malware spreading with the malvertising or evil-minded links of different internet sites. Sometimes, your system may be infected with this virus through the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to disperse numerous other malware. There is a single form of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that can build into any type of web browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are highly dubious, and also the usefulness is really questionable. The “creators” of Ketlex.live hijacker generally state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to save the whole website on your disk. It is quite hard to imagine if somebody may be needed in such features in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited as well as every computer has the ability to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their uselessness, they can simply be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam right into the official source of web browser extensions, demanding the Google reaction – getting rid of these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to deal with that safety problem.
Is the Ketlex.live virus?
At the first blush, you may assume that these redirects are just annoying, but not dangerous. Due to this reason a lot of users are simply playing for time instead of getting rid of this malware, obtaining more and more possibilities of being contaminated with different other infections, which are far more severe than Ketlex.live is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search results, you can additionally see various ads even on those websites that do not have any kind of ads on it by default. And you can unintentionally misclick while closing the advertisement, and start the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a malware, or a potentially unwanted program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan task, the system may start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is just one of the most usual in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Ketlex.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Ketlex.live malware injection. It is extremely simple to discuss the methods of protecting your computer from such annoying things as browser hijackers, however, it is very easy to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a skilled user. As it was pointed out above, this unwanted program can hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of means. But no matter the usual complexity of the injection techniques, it is really easy to avoid the Ketlex.live hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Ketlex.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this hands-on tutorial constantly prepared to use.
- Perform a backup of all of your information, including the stored logins, passwords as well as other qualifications. You ought to support your information with a cloud back-up service and also ensure your files are safeguarded from any type of sort of loss, even from one of the most extreme infections.
- Wait up until the resilient back-up process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Ketlex.live and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in couple of easy stages that must have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Ketlex.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Ketlex.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Ketlex.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Ketlex.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment