Hapex.live search hijacker is a sort of virus that squeezes into your computer, and then alters the browser search engine configurations in your web browser to one which it desires. It also makes different undesirable changes that might result in personal data leakages, in addition to various other malware injection. In this post, you will see the tutorial of Hapex.live hijacker removal in various strategies, as well as additionally the technique of making your browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Hapex.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Hapex.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Hapex.live search hijackers are different. Most of them come from the malware spreading via the malvertising or malevolent web links of different sites. Sometimes, your computer might be contaminated with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to disperse numerous other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that might build into any kind of internet browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely install this plugin by yourself, since their names are highly dubious, and also the capability is extremely debatable. The “creators” of Hapex.live hijacker typically state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the whole website on your disk. It is very difficult to picture if somebody can be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Web access is not time-limited as well as every system has the ability to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they may easily be located in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus analysts sound the alarm about such spam into the official source of web browser extensions, calling for the Google reaction – getting rid of these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to fix that protection issue.
Is the Hapex.live virus?
At the first sight, you can assume that these redirects are only frustrating, but not harmful. As a result of this reason a number of people are simply playing for time rather than eliminating this malware, getting much more possibilities of being contaminated with various other infections, which are much more major than Hapex.live is.
Besides the modified browser search engine or search results, you may additionally see different promotions even on those websites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you can easily misclick while turning off the advertisement, and launch the downloading of an unidentified file, which can be a virus, or a potentially unwanted program, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is damaged due to the Azorult trojan activity, the system can begin malfunctioning in a short time – this symptome is just one of the most usual in case of trojan injection.
How to remove Hapex.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Hapex.live virus infiltration. It is very easy to refer to the tactics of securing your personal computer from such annoying items as browser hijackers, however, it is very easy to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a qualified user. As it was mentioned above, this malware can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with other adware you can get in dozens of ways. However, regardless of the typical complexity of the penetration methods, it is really easy to stay clear of the Hapex.live hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Hapex.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this hands-on tutorial constantly prepared to utilize.
- Carry out a back-up of all of your information, consisting of the kept logins, passwords and various other qualifications. You need to support your details with a cloud backup option and make sure your data are safeguarded from any kind of sort of loss, even from one of the most serious infections.
- Wait until the lasting back-up process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Hapex.live and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few easy steps that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Hapex.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Hapex.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Hapex.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Hapex.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment