Greatscanforfree.online search hijacker is a sort of virus that injects into your personal computer, and after that changes the browser search engine configurations in your web browser to one which it wants. It additionally makes some unpleasant changes that may cause personal data leaks, in addition to other malware injection. In this post, you will see the guide of Greatscanforfree.online hijacker clearing in several options, as well as additionally the procedure of making your browser just as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Greatscanforfree.online hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Greatscanforfree.online hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Greatscanforfree.online search hijackers are various. Most of them come from the malware spreading via the malvertising or evil-minded links of various internet sites. Sometimes, your system may be infected with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to disperse different other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that might build into any type of internet browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely setup this plugin by yourself, since their names are highly suspicious, and the functionality is extremely questionable. The “creators” of Greatscanforfree.online hijacker usually specify that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to download the whole site on your disk. It is rather difficult to imagine if somebody may be needed in such functions in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every PC has the ability to open the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their uselessness, they can effortlessly be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the official source of browser extensions, asking for the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to take care of that security problem.
Is the Greatscanforfree.online virus?
At the first sight, you can think that these redirects are just aggravating, but not dangerous. Due to this reason a great deal of users are just playing for time as opposed to removing this malware, getting more and more possibilities of being contaminated with various other infections, which are much more serious than Greatscanforfree.online is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search results, you may also see various ads even on those sites that do not have any ads on it by default. And you may unintentionally misclick while shutting off the promotion, and start the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which can be a virus, or a potentially undesirable program, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning in a short time – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Greatscanforfree.online?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Greatscanforfree.online virus infiltration. It is very simple to discuss the techniques of shielding your computer from such annoying items as browser hijackers, however, it is really simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a professional user. As it was stated above, this malware can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with other adware you may get in dozens of methods. However, despite the usual complexity of the injection techniques, it is very easy to avoid the Greatscanforfree.online hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Greatscanforfree.online.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this hands-on tutorial always ready to use.
- Carry out a backup of all of your information, including the saved logins, passwords as well as other credentials. You ought to back up your information with a cloud backup option and see to it your data are protected from any type of kind of loss, even from the most extreme infections.
- Wait up until the durable backup process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Greatscanforfree.online and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in few simple steps that should be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Greatscanforfree.online from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Greatscanforfree.online on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Greatscanforfree.online. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Greatscanforfree.online with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment