Gonger.live search hijacker is a kind of virus that injects into your WIndows, and afterwards switches the browser search engine settings in your browser to one which it wants. It likewise makes different unpleasant modifications that might lead to personal information leakages, in addition to various other malware injection. In this post, you will see the manual of Gonger.live hijacker elimination in several techniques, and additionally the method of making your browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Gonger.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Gonger.live hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Gonger.live search hijackers are different. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing via the malvertising or evil-minded web links of different internet sites. Occasionally, your system may be contaminated with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is used to disperse numerous other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that might build into any kind of internet browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely install this plugin on your own, since their names are highly dubious, and the functionality is extremely questionable. The “creators” of Gonger.live hijacker typically specify that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the entire site on your disk. It is extremely difficult to imagine if someone may be needed in such operations in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every computer is able to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they may easily be located in the Chrome Web Store. Naturally, virus analysts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, asking for the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to fix that protection problem.
Is the Gonger.live virus?
At the first sight, you can believe that these redirects are just frustrating, but not risky. As a result of this reason a number of people are just playing for time rather than getting rid of this malware, getting more and more chances of being contaminated with different other malware, which are much more harmful than Gonger.live is.
Besides the modified browser search engine or search results, you may also see various advertisements even on those websites that do not have any type of ads on it by default. And you may unintentionally misclick while turning off the promotion, and start the downloading of an unidentified file, which may be a malware, or a potentially undesirable program, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker desire.
If your browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan activity, the system can start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is among the most common in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Gonger.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Gonger.live virus penetration. It is really easy to discuss the tactics of protecting your system from such irritating items as browser hijackers, but it is really simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a professional user. As it was discussed above, this virus can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of manners. But despite the usual intricacy of the injection approaches, it is really easy to avoid the Gonger.live hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Gonger.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make sure you have this manual tutorial constantly ready to use.
- Perform a back-up of all of your data, including the kept logins, passwords as well as various other credentials. You ought to support your details with a cloud back-up solution and make certain your data are secured from any kind of kind of loss, even from the most extreme infections.
- Wait until the durable back-up process mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Gonger.live and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few very easy stages that should have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Gonger.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Gonger.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Gonger.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Gonger.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.