Gajist.live search hijacker is a kind of malware that injects into your computer, and afterwards alters the search engine settings in your web browser to one which it desires. It also makes some unwanted changes that might lead to private data leakages, as well as to various other malware delivery. In this post, you will see the manual of Gajist.live hijacker removal in several techniques, as well as also the technique of making your web browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Gajist.live hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Gajist.live hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Gajist.live search hijackers are diverse. Most of them belong to the malware dispersing via the malvertising or evil-minded web links of different sites. Frequently, your computer can be infected with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is used to spread different other malware. There is a solitary kind of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that can build right into any kind of internet browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely setup this plugin by yourself, because their names are quite dubious, and the usefulness is very questionable. The “creators” of Gajist.live hijacker usually state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to download the whole site on your disk. It is quite difficult to picture if somebody may be needed in such features in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every PC has the ability to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nevertheless, besides their impracticality, they may effortlessly be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Certainly, virus analysts sound the alarm about such spam into the legit source of web browser extensions, asking for the Google response – getting rid of these extensions from their site. However, they are still not hurrying to deal with that security problem.
Is the Gajist.live virus?
At the first blush, you may believe that these redirects are only annoying, but not hazardous. Due to this factor a lot of users are simply playing for time as opposed to eliminating this malware, getting much more chances of being contaminated with different other malware, which are far more harmful than Gajist.live is.
Besides the modified browser search engine or search engine result, you may also see different promotions even on those websites that do not have any promotions on it by default. And you may just misclick while closing the advertisement, and initiate the downloading of an unknown file, which may be a virus, or a potentially undesirable application, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is damaged as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system may start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Gajist.live?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Gajist.live malware injection. It is very easy to speak about the techniques of protecting your personal computer from such irritating items as browser hijackers, however, it is really simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a professional user. As it was pointed out above, this malware can hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you may get in dozens of manners. But no matter the usual complexity of the injection approaches, it is extremely simple to prevent the Gajist.live hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Gajist.live.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this hands-on tutorial always all set to utilize.
- Perform a backup of every one of your data, consisting of the kept logins, passwords as well as various other qualifications. You need to support your info with a cloud backup solution and also make sure your data are secured from any type of loss, also from one of the most severe infections.
- Wait till the resilient backup process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Gajist.live and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in couple of easy stages that ought to be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Gajist.live from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Gajist.live on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Gajist.live. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Gajist.live with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment