Faststartpage.com search hijacker is a kind of virus that infuses into your computer system, and then changes the browser search engine configurations in your internet browser to one which it is paid for. It also makes some unwanted changes that may cause personal information leaks, as well as to various other malware injection. In this post, you will read the guideline of Faststartpage.com hijacker removal in a couple of options, and additionally the technique of making your web browser like new.
Faststartpage.com hijacker nature
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Faststartpage.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Faststartpage.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Faststartpage.com search hijackers are numerous. The majority of them come from the malware dispersing through the malvertising or malevolent links of different websites. In some cases, your PC can be infected with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to disperse numerous other malware. There is a single kind of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that may build right into any type of browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are very dubious, and the usefulness is extremely questionable. The “creators” of Faststartpage.com hijacker normally state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to download the entire site on your disk. It is rather difficult to picture if someone can be needed in such functions in 2020, when the Internet access is not time-limited and every system has the ability to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
However, besides their impracticality, they may easily be located in the Chrome Web Store. Obviously, virus analysts sound the alarm about such spam right into the legit source of web browser extensions, calling for the Google reaction – getting rid of these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to fix that security issue.
Is the Faststartpage.com virus harmful?
At the first sight, you can assume that these redirects are just annoying, but not dangerous. As a result of this factor a lot of users are simply playing for time as opposed to getting rid of this malware, obtaining much more chances of being contaminated with various other viruses, which are much more major than Faststartpage.com is.
Besides the altered browser search engine or search engine result, you may also see various promotions even on those sites that do not have any kind of promotions on it by default. And you can unintentionally misclick while shutting off the promotion, and launch the downloading of an unknown file, which can be a malware, or a potentially undesirable program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker desire.
If your web browser is corrupted due to the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan injection.
How to remove Faststartpage.com hijacker?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Faststartpage.com malware penetration. It is extremely easy to refer to the methods of protecting your personal computer from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, but it is quite easy to be caught on this bait perhaps even being an experienced user. As it was mentioned above, this virus may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you may get in dozens of ways. But despite the usual complexity of the penetration methods, it is extremely easy to stay clear of the Faststartpage.com hijacker appearance in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Faststartpage.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Make certain you have this manual tutorial constantly prepared to make use of.
- Do a backup of every one of your information, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and other credentials. You need to support your info with a cloud backup option and see to it your documents are protected from any kind of sort of loss, also from one of the most serious infections.
- Wait up until the long-lasting backup procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Faststartpage.com and related software from Windows
Here is a method in few very easy steps that ought to be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Faststartpage.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Faststartpage.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Faststartpage.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Faststartpage.com with LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.