Dokookamida.com search hijacker is a type of malware that squeezes into your computer system, and afterwards changes the browser search engine settings in your web browser to one which it wants. It also makes some unpleasant modifications that might result in private information leaks, as well as to various other malware delivery. In this post, you will read the manual of Dokookamida.com hijacker clearing in several strategies, as well as additionally the technique of making your browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Dokookamida.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Dokookamida.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Dokookamida.com search hijackers are various. Many of them belong to the malware spreading via the malvertising or malicious links of different sites. Occasionally, your computer can be contaminated with this virus through the trojan-downloader, which is put to use to disperse various other malware. There is a solitary form of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that can build right into any internet browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely install this plugin on your own, because their names are really suspicious, and also the usefulness is really debatable. The “developers” of Dokookamida.com hijacker typically state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to download the entire web site on your disk. It is pretty difficult to imagine if somebody may be needed in such operations in 2022, when the Web access is not time-limited and every system is able to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their impracticality, they may effortlessly be spotted in the Chrome Web Store. Naturally, virus analysts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, calling for the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their site. However, they are still not hurrying to deal with that security issue.
Is the Dokookamida.com virus?
At the first blush, you may assume that these redirects are just aggravating, but not hazardous. As a result of this factor a lot of people are simply playing for time instead of eliminating this malware, getting much more chances of being contaminated with various other viruses, which are far more serious than Dokookamida.com is.
Besides the modified browser search engine or search engine result, you may also see various ads even on those sites that do not have any kind of advertisements on it by default. And you can easily misclick while turning off the advertisement, and start the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which may be a virus, or a potentially unwanted program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is damaged because of the Azorult trojan task, the system may start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is just one of the most typical in case of trojan injection.
How to remove Dokookamida.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Dokookamida.com malware injection. It is very simple to speak about the methods of protecting your personal computer from such irritating items as browser hijackers, but it is really easy to be caught on this bait perhaps even being an experienced user. As it was discussed above, this virus may hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with other adware you can get in dozens of ways. However, despite the typical intricacy of the infiltration methods, it is really simple to stay away from the Dokookamida.com hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Dokookamida.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this manual tutorial always ready to use.
- Execute a back-up of every one of your data, including the kept logins, passwords as well as various other credentials. You must back up your details with a cloud back-up option and also make sure your documents are safeguarded from any type of loss, also from the most extreme infections.
- Wait up until the lasting backup procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Dokookamida.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in few simple stages that ought to have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Dokookamida.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Dokookamida.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Dokookamida.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Dokookamida.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.