In case you start an app and get a notification saying that Windows is unable to locate the vcruntime140.dll DLL or that it is absent, you may apply this tutorial to restore the absent DLL so that your app functions again.
When an application is created, it is merged with dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contain code that the app uses. In case a relevant DLL is absent, then Windows will show a message telling you the name of the absent DLL so that you can attempt to recover or install the absent DLL.
In case you run an app and get the following alert about vcruntime140.dll being absent, you should install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package applying the milestones below.
For fixing the vcruntime140.dll is missing issue in Windows, please implement these milestones:
- Proceed to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable page by Microsoft and choose the Download button.
- You will be forwarded to webpage where it asks you to choose whether you would like to download the 32-bit or 64 bit version of Windows. Choose the version you require and select the Next button.
- The file will now be loaded to your PC. As soon as it is downloaded, double-click on the downloaded vc_redist.x64.exe document.
- The Microsoft Visual C++-2015 Redistributable screen will be shown and instruct you to abide with the license terms and conditions. Place a checkmark in the “I agree” area and afterwards select the Install button.
- In case Windows instructs you to permit the app to make amendments or proceed, select the Yes or Allow button.
- As soon as this is done, the app will show an alert mentioning that it was properly installed.
- You may now shut down the installer.
If you already owned the DLL available and it is still displayed as missing, you may use the above Redistributable, but this time perform a fix.
You may now attempt to launch the app that initially caused the absent vcruntime140.dll error and it will function again.