Topraw.net search hijacker is a kind of virus that squeezes into your computer, and after that modifies the search engine configurations in your browser to one which it wants. It also makes some unwanted modifications that may lead to personal data leaks, as well as to various other malware penetration. In this post, you will see the guide of Topraw.net hijacker elimination in a couple of options, as well as also the technique of making your browser as good as new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Topraw.net hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Topraw.net hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Topraw.net search hijackers are various. The majority of them come from the malware spreading via the malvertising or evil-minded links of different web sites. Sometimes, your system can be infected with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to disperse numerous other malware. There is a single form of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that might build right into any type of internet browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely mount this plugin on your own, because their names are highly dubious, and the usefulness is very questionable. The “developers” of Topraw.net hijacker usually state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to download the whole website on your disk. It is rather tough to imagine if somebody may be needed in such functions in 2022, when the Internet access is not time-limited and every system is able to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
However, besides their uselessness, they can simply be found in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus analysts sound the alarm regarding such spam into the legitimate source of browser extensions, asking for the Google reaction – removing these extensions from their place. But they are still not hurrying to fix that protection problem.
Is the Topraw.net virus?
At the first sight, you may assume that these redirects are just aggravating, but not risky. Due to this reason a great deal of users are simply playing for time instead of eliminating this malware, obtaining more and more possibilities of being contaminated with numerous other infections, which are far more harmful than Topraw.net is.
Besides the altered search engine or search engine result, you may also see various ads even on those sites that do not have any kind of ads on it by default. And you may just misclick while shutting off the ad, and launch the downloading of an unidentified file, which can be a malware, or a potentially unwanted application, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is damaged as a result of the Azorult trojan activity, the system may begin malfunctioning in the near future – this symptome is just one of the most common in case of trojan injection.
How to remove Topraw.net?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Topraw.net virus injection. It is very easy to discuss the techniques of shielding your PC from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, however, it is really simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being an experienced user. As it was stated above, this unwanted program can hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with other adware you can get in dozens of ways. But regardless of the typical intricacy of the injection methods, it is extremely easy to stay clear of the Topraw.net hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Topraw.net.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this hands-on tutorial constantly prepared to utilize.
- Do a backup of every one of your data, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and also other qualifications. You should back up your information with a cloud backup solution and also make certain your documents are secured from any sort of loss, also from the most extreme infections.
- Wait till the lasting back-up procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Topraw.net and related software from Windows
Here is a technique in few easy stages that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 11/10 or 7, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually. To do that:
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Topraw.net from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Topraw.net on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Topraw.net. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Topraw.net with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.