Silverseeker.top search hijacker is a sort of virus that injects into your computer system, and after that switches the browser search engine settings in your internet browser to one which it wants. It also makes different unwanted changes that can trigger personal data leakages, as well as to other malware injection. In this article, you will read the tutorial of Silverseeker.top hijacker elimination in various strategies, as well as also the technique of making your web browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Silverseeker.top hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Silverseeker.top hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Silverseeker.top search hijackers are numerous. Many of them come from the malware spreading through the malvertising or evil-minded web links of different web sites. Sometimes, your computer might be contaminated with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to disperse various other malware. There is a solitary form of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that might build right into any kind of internet browser which supports the add-on installation2.
You will not likely install this plugin on your own, because their names are very uncertain, and also the capability is very questionable. The “developers” of Silverseeker.top hijacker usually specify that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the sites already to .pdf format, or to save the entire site on your disk. It is rather difficult to imagine if somebody may be needed in such features in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited as well as every computer has the ability to start the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
However, besides their impracticality, they may easily be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm relating to such spam into the legitimate source of browser extensions, demanding the Google response – eliminating these extensions from their place. But they are still not hurrying to take care of that safety problem.
Is the Silverseeker.top virus?
At the first sight, you can believe that these redirects are only bothersome, but not risky. As a result of this factor a number of people are simply playing for time rather than eliminating this malware, getting increasingly more chances of being infected with numerous other infections, which are far more major than Silverseeker.top is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search results, you can also see various promotions even on those sites that do not have any kind of promotions on it by default. And you may just misclick while shutting off the advertisement, and launch the downloading of an unfamiliar file, which may be a virus, or a potentially unwanted application, or even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is damaged due to the Azorult trojan activity, the system may start malfunctioning soon – this symptome is among the most typical in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Silverseeker.top?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Silverseeker.top malware infiltration. It is very simple to discuss the methods of shielding your PC from such irritating items as browser hijackers, but it is really easy to be caught on this lure even being a qualified user. As it was discussed above, this virus can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of manners. But despite the usual intricacy of the injection techniques, it is really simple to stay away from the Silverseeker.top hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Silverseeker.top.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this manual tutorial constantly ready to make use of.
- Perform a back-up of all of your data, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and various other qualifications. You must support your info with a cloud backup option and see to it your data are secured from any kind of loss, also from the most severe infections.
- Wait until the lasting backup process is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Silverseeker.top and related software from Windows
Here is a technique in couple of simple stages that ought to have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Silverseeker.top from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Silverseeker.top on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Silverseeker.top. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Silverseeker.top with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment