Searchcounn.com search hijacker is a type of virus that infuses into your WIndows, and after that changes the browser search engine settings in your internet browser to one which it desires. It likewise makes some undesirable changes that may lead to personal data leaks, as well as to other malware penetration. In this article, you will see the manual of Searchcounn.com hijacker removal in various techniques, as well as also the technique of making your web browser like new.
Searchcounn.com hijacker nature
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Searchcounn.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Searchcounn.com hijacker.|
The ways of injection of Searchcounn.com search hijackers are different. Many of them come from the malware spreading with the malvertising or malevolent web links of various web sites. Frequently, your computer can be contaminated with this malware with the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to distribute various other malware. There is a single form of this unwanted program – web browser plugin that can build right into any kind of web browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely add this plugin by yourself, due to the fact that their names are very suspicious, and the usefulness is really questionable. The “creators” of Searchcounn.com hijacker usually state that it can save the .doc/.docx files from the websites already to .pdf format, or to save the entire web site on your disk. It is really hard to picture if someone can be needed in such operations in 2020, when the Web access is not time-limited and every computer is able to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
However, besides their uselessness, they can effortlessly be discovered in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm regarding such spam right into the legitimate source of web browser extensions, requiring the Google response – removing these extensions from their place. But they are still not hurrying to take care of that protection issue.
Is the Searchcounn.com virus harmful?
At the first sight, you may believe that these redirects are just irritating, but not harmful. As a result of this reason a lot of people are just playing for time instead of getting rid of this malware, getting more and more chances of being contaminated with numerous other infections, which are far more major than Searchcounn.com is.
Besides the modified browser search engine or search results, you can also see different advertisements even on those sites that do not have any type of promotions on it by default. And you can just misclick while turning off the advertisement, and start the downloading of an unknown file, which can be a malware, or a potentially undesirable application, or perhaps ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is corrupted as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system can start malfunctioning in a short time – this symptome is one of the most usual in case of trojan penetration.
How to remove Searchcounn.com hijacker?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Searchcounn.com malware infiltration. It is extremely simple to speak about the techniques of securing your PC from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, however, it is really simple to be caught on this bait perhaps even being a professional user. As it was specified above, this unwanted program can hide after the attractive (at the first sight) advertisement, or in packs with various other adware you can get in dozens of ways. But no matter the usual complexity of the injection techniques, it is really simple to stay clear of the Searchcounn.com hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Searchcounn.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- See to it you have this hands-on tutorial always prepared to make use of.
- Execute a back-up of all of your information, including the saved logins, passwords and also other qualifications. You ought to back up your information with a cloud back-up service and also see to it your data are protected from any type of loss, even from one of the most severe infections.
- Wait until the long-lasting back-up procedure mores than.
Step 1: Uninstall Searchcounn.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a technique in couple of very easy steps that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Searchcounn.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Searchcounn.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Searchcounn.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Searchcounn.com with LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After LOARIS TROJAN REMOVER has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.