Productlifesoft.com search hijacker is a type of malware that infuses into your computer system, and afterwards changes the browser search engine settings in your browser to one which it wants. It also makes different unwanted modifications that may lead to personal data leaks, in addition to various other malware delivery. In this post, you will read the tutorial of Productlifesoft.com hijacker removal in a couple of methods, as well as additionally the method of making your browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The Productlifesoft.com hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the Productlifesoft.com hijacker.|
The methods of injection of Productlifesoft.com search hijackers are assorted. The majority of them come from the malware spreading via the malvertising or malicious links of different internet sites. Frequently, your system might be infected with this virus via the trojan-downloader, which is utilized to distribute different other malware. There is a single form of this undesirable program – web browser plugin that may build right into any type of web browser which supports the add-on setup2.
You will not likely mount this plugin by yourself, because their names are highly dubious, and also the usefulness is very controversial. The “creators” of Productlifesoft.com hijacker generally state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the sites already to .pdf format, or to download the entire website on your disk. It is very difficult to imagine if somebody may be needed in such features in 2023, when the Internet access is not time-limited and every computer is able to start the needed .docx documents at Google Docs.
However, besides their uselessness, they can effortlessly be found in the Chrome Web Store. Certainly, virus analysts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the legitimate source of browser extensions, demanding the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their site. But they are still not hurrying to take care of that security problem.
Is the Productlifesoft.com virus?
At the first sight, you can believe that these redirects are only aggravating, but not hazardous. As a result of this factor a number of users are just playing for time instead of getting rid of this malware, getting much more chances of being contaminated with various other infections, which are much more major than Productlifesoft.com is.
Besides the modified search engine or search engine result, you may additionally see different promotions even on those websites that do not have any type of ads on it by default. And you may just misclick while shutting off the ad, and launch the downloading of an unknown file, which can be a malware, or a potentially unwanted program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your web browser is damaged as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system may begin malfunctioning quickly – this symptome is just one of the most typical in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove Productlifesoft.com?
First, let me say several words about prevention the Productlifesoft.com virus penetration. It is really easy to refer to the methods of shielding your system from such annoying items as browser hijackers, however, it is very easy to be caught on this bait even being a skilled user. As it was specified above, this virus may hide after the attractive (at the first sight) promotion, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of ways. However, despite the typical difficulty of the injection approaches, it is really simple to stay away from the Productlifesoft.com hijacker appearing in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing Productlifesoft.com.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this manual tutorial constantly ready to utilize.
- Execute a back-up of all of your information, including the stored logins, passwords and also other qualifications. You must back up your info with a cloud back-up service and also see to it your files are protected from any type of kind of loss, also from the most extreme infections.
- Wait up until the lasting back-up procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall Productlifesoft.com and related software from Windows
Right here is a method in couple of very easy stages that should have the ability to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually.
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of Productlifesoft.com from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by Productlifesoft.com on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by Productlifesoft.com. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for Productlifesoft.com with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment