News-mevicu.cc search hijacker is a kind of malware that squeezes into your computer system, and afterwards switches the browser search engine settings in your internet browser to one which it wants. It also makes different unpleasant changes that might cause private information leakages, as well as to other malware delivery. In this post, you will see the tutorial of News-mevicu.cc hijacker elimination in a couple of methods, and additionally the procedure of making your web browser like new.
|Short Description||The unwanted software that amends important browser settings without the user’s permission.|
|Symptoms||The News-mevicu.cc hijacker replaces the browser parameters set by the users and replaces these settings with its own values.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling with Freeware or Shareware, misleading pop-up ads produced by adware.|
|Detection Tool||Inspect If Your System Has Been Affected by the News-mevicu.cc hijacker.|
The methods of injection of News-mevicu.cc search hijackers are various. Most of them belong to the malware spreading through the malvertising or malevolent web links of different web sites. Sometimes, your system can be contaminated with this malware through the trojan-downloader, which is put into action to spread different other malware. There is a single kind of this unwanted program – browser plugin that may build into any browser which supports the add-on installment2.
You will not likely setup this plugin by yourself, because their names are quite uncertain, and also the functionality is extremely controversial. The “creators” of News-mevicu.cc hijacker normally state that it can save the .doc/.docx documents from the web pages already to .pdf format, or to download the whole web site on your disk. It is very tough to picture if somebody can be needed in such functions in 2022, when the Web access is not time-limited as well as every computer is able to open the needed .docx files at Google Docs.
Nonetheless, besides their uselessness, they can simply be found in the Chrome Web Store. Of course, virus experts sound the alarm concerning such spam into the legit source of web browser extensions, demanding the Google reaction – eliminating these extensions from their place. However, they are still not hurrying to deal with that security problem.
Is the News-mevicu.cc virus?
At the first sight, you may think that these redirects are only annoying, but not risky. Due to this reason a great deal of people are just playing for time as opposed to getting rid of this malware, obtaining more and more chances of being infected with different other malware, which are far more harmful than News-mevicu.cc is.
Besides the changed browser search engine or search engine result, you may also see various promotions even on those internet sites that do not have any kind of promotions on it by default. And you may just misclick while closing the promotion, and begin the downloading of an unidentified file, which may be a malware, or a potentially unwanted program, and even ransomware – whatever the maintainers of this hijacker want.
If your browser is corrupted as a result of the Azorult trojan task, the system may begin malfunctioning in the near future – this symptome is one of the most common in case of trojan infiltration.
How to remove News-mevicu.cc?
First, let me say several words about prevention the News-mevicu.cc malware infiltration. It is extremely easy to discuss the tactics of shielding your PC from such frustrating things as browser hijackers, but it is extremely simple to be caught on this lure perhaps even being a qualified user. As it was stated above, this virus may hide after the eye-catching (at the first sight) ad, or in packs with various other adware you may get in dozens of means. But regardless of the typical intricacy of the penetration approaches, it is very simple to avoid the News-mevicu.cc hijacker presence in your system:
- Do not follow the dubious links;
- Restrict the usage of pseudo-free software (one which is offered as free, but has an additional unwanted programs in its pack);
- Leave the habit of clicking advertisements on the web. If you need to buy something, it is better to google it;
- Avoid downloading the files from dubious sources, like forums or file sharing websites.
Preparation before removing News-mevicu.cc.
Before starting the actual uninstall procedure, we recommend that you do the following introductory milestones.
- Ensure you have this hands-on tutorial always all set to use.
- Execute a backup of every one of your information, consisting of the stored logins, passwords and various other credentials. You should support your details with a cloud backup solution and see to it your files are secured from any type of kind of loss, also from the most severe infections.
- Wait till the durable backup procedure is over.
Step 1: Uninstall News-mevicu.cc and related software from Windows
Here is a technique in few simple steps that must be able to uninstall most applications. Either you use Windows 11/10 or 7, these milestones will work well. Moving the app or its folder to the Trash can be a very wrong idea. In case you do that, remnants of the app may remain, and that can cause the unstable performance of your system, malfunctions with the file type associations and other unpleasant behavior. The effective solution to get an app off your device is to remove it manually. To do that:
1. Keep holding the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will soon arrive.
2. In the field that appeared, type in “appwiz.cpl” -1 and choose OK – 2.
3. This will open a window with all the apps available on the device. Choose the app that you want to get rid of, then choose “Uninstall”
Follow the steps above and you will successfully get rid of most unwanted apps.
Step 2: Get rid of News-mevicu.cc from all your available browsers.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox. Go to its menu window
2. Choose the “Add-ons” icon in the menu.
3. Find the unwanted extension and select “Remove“
4. Upon deleting the extension, reload Mozilla Firefox, closing it with the help of a red “X” button in the upper right corner and start it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome and go to its drop menu
2. Click on “Tools” and then in the extended menu select “Extensions“
3. In the “Extensions” menu find the unwanted extension and apply the “Remove” button related to it.
4. As soon as the extension is deleted, reload Google Chrome by closing it by means of the red “X” button at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Internet Explorer
2. Click on the gear icon marked ‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’
3. In the “Manage Add-ons” window, locate the extension you want to delete and then click “Remove”. A pop-up window will come up to inform you that you are about to delete the selected extension, and some more add-ons might be disabled as well. Leave all the boxes checked, and choose “Remove”.
4. Once the unwanted extension is deleted, reload Internet Explorer by shutting it down from the red “X” button located at the top right corner and launch it again.
1. Launch Edge
2. Access the drop menu by clicking on the icon at the top right corner.
3. From the drop menu choose “Extensions”.
4. Locate the suspected dangerous extension you want to delete and then click on the Remove button.
Step 3: Clean any registries that could be added by News-mevicu.cc on your device.
The usually attacked registries of Windows machines are the following:
You can access them by going to the Windows registry editor and getting rid of any values added by News-mevicu.cc. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Run Window command once again, type “regedit” and click OK.
- As soon as you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, whose locations are displayed above.
- You can delete the value of the virus by right-clicking on it and deleting it.
Tip: To locate a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and select “Modify” to find which file it is set to run. If this is the malware file location, delete the value.
Step 4: Scan for News-mevicu.cc with Loaris Trojan Remover
1. Click on the “Download” button to proceed to Loaris Trojan Remover download.
2. Click “Install” to start.
There were 4 scan types suggested:
- Standard Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan.
- Removable Scan.
3. After the installed has finished, click on the ‘Scan’ tab. Click on ‘Full Scan’.
4. Once the scanning is started, Loaris will initiate the thorough analysis of your device and may soon identify specific threats currently slowing down the performance of your system. Make sure to wait until the scanning is completed to let the software fully evaluate the safety of your workstation.
5. After Loaris Trojan Remover has finished scanning your PC for any files of the associated threat and found them, you can try to get them removed automatically and permanently by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. There were options to move the files to quarantine, ignore or delete them.
If any threats have been removed, it is highly recommended to restart your PC.
- About browser hijackers on Wikipedia
- Possible danger of free browser extensions
Leave a Comment